Monday, April 30, 2012

Steve Sanchez claims I threatened his church??


Steve Sanchez says:
April 30, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Actually, he threatened my church’s tax exempt status when we promoted the 180 movie several months ago.



This is a lie. I didn't threaten his church, I just informed him that he were putting his church's tax exempt status at risk due to some of the content in the video can be viewed as campaign intervention.

I wrote:

Steve,

You might want to have your tax lawyer look at the video and then research the following words: "Political Intervention".

By promoting this movie, you are risking your church's 170.b.1.A.i tax status.

This is not Issue Advocacy, but Political Campaign Intervention in an election year.

Ray makes this Political Campaign Intervention by telling people not to vote for candidates who support choice.



Steve replied the next day:

Thanks Jim!

Yours ever heartily,

Pastor Steve




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad